LuxProvide offers a unique platform that combines data science and supercomputing resources delivering insights for better decision-making. Our team of data scientists, AI engineers, Machine Learning architects, privacy and cybersecurity experts focuses on the needs of our customers including research and business players, both large and small, in Luxembourg and the Greater Region. We believe that the key to effective innovation is a design thinking and co-creation approach involving our customers throughout the entire development process. By adding data-driven insights to their decisioning processes, LuxProvide’s customers endow themselves with a powerful and differentiating way of creating tangible value. LuxProvide is a 100% publicly owned company located in Luxembourg, a leading digital center in the heart of Europe. MeluXina, the cloud-enabled world-class supercomputer operated by LuxProvide, is a key element of Luxembourg’s data-driven innovation strategy.
Are you curious and enthusiastic about tackling tough problems in technology and supercomputing? Would you like to work at the heart of Luxembourg’s digital development? What LuxProvide offers: an ongoing, technically exciting project at the crossroads of research and industry in a rapidly evolving environment.
The DevOps Engineer will join the expert team that manages the MeluXina supercomputer, operating and enhancing core platform services. In this role, your main tasks will be to contribute to the Cloudification efforts of the organization, and provide resilient, secure and high-quality services to its customers.
Your role consists in:
- Implementing and managing Cloud infrastructures (OpenStack, CEPH, Kubernetes), virtualized and containerized environments.
- Developing, implementing, managing and enhancing IT services that operate our platforms and provide services to customers.
- Contributing to the organizational efforts to develop and implement new Cloud interfaces enabling customers to take advantage of supercomputing infrastructures.
- Contributing to the departmental efforts to treat Infrastructure as Code, designing, building, and maintaining scalable and efficient CI/CD pipelines, incorporating automated testing and deployment strategies.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues and outages related to infrastructure and services, improving resiliency and ensuring overall system reliability.
- Monitoring and analyzing system performance, identifying bottlenecks, and implementing solutions to optimize efficiency and reliability.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation and documentation for end-users.
- Collaborating with other teams to ensure adherence to software engineering best practices.
- Staying up to date with the latest technologies, and providing recommendations for process improvements and tooling upgrades.
- University degree (Master preferred) degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or a closely related field or with proven experience in a similar role (System Engineer, DevOps engineer, Site Reliability Engineer).
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar role (System Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, Software Engineer with Infrastructure-as-Code experience), with a strong understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies.
- Solid experience with Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu).
- Deep knowledge of Git.
- Proficiency in scripting and programming languages (e.g., Python, Bash) for development, infrastructure automation and management tasks (e.g. Ansible).
- Solid understanding of containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Containerd, Podman), orchestration tools (e.g., Kubernetes, OpenShift) and management platforms (e.g., Rancher).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in an international and multicultural team environment.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is a must. Good control of French and/or German is a plus.
You can expect:
- Join a unique organization in this field.
- Work on cutting edge and exciting technologies within a team of highly motivated and passionate colleagues.
- Own area of responsibility with room for creativity, with the possibility to grow within the role.
- Excellent working conditions and benefits, including training.
- Online / on-site interview including hands-on / technical assessment.
- Online / on-site HR interview.