HPC User Support Engineer (M/F)
LuxProvide offers a unique platform that combines data science and supercomputing resources delivering insights for better decision-making. Our team of data scientists, AI engineers, Machine Learning architects, privacy and cybersecurity experts focuses on the needs of our customers including research and business players, both large and small, in Luxembourg and the Greater Region. We believe that the key to effective innovation is a design thinking and co-creation approach involving our customers throughout the entire development process. By adding data-driven insights to their decisioning processes, LuxProvide’s customers endow themselves with a powerful and differentiating way of creating tangible value. LuxProvide is a 100% publicly owned company located in Luxembourg, a leading digital center in the heart of Europe. MeluXina, the cloud-enabled world-class supercomputer operated by LuxProvide, is a key element of Luxembourg’s data-driven innovation strategy.
Are you curious and enthusiastic about tackling tough problems in technology and supercomputing? Would you like to work at the heart of Luxembourg’s digital development? What LuxProvide offers: an ongoing, technically exciting project at the crossroads of research and industry in a rapidly evolving environment.
We are looking for a HPC User Support Engineer (m/f) to join our HPC User Support Engineering team.
The HPC User Support Engineer will join the expert teams that manage the Luxembourg – EuroHPC supercomputer MeluXina.
You will provide L1 and L2 support to the company’s customers (well-known companies/brands) for accessing and using its HPC/Cloud systems and services. On top of that you will participate in various IT projects in this domain and will be able to gain further experience and expertise in those fields.
Your role consists in:
- Being the company’s primary point of contact for supporting customers.
- Ensuring support requests are answered in a timely and accurate manner, either by directly solving the issues or escalating them.
- Contributing to and maintaining documentation regarding solutions to customers’ issues.
- Interact with HPC experts within the organization to ensure that even the most complex questions and requests are answered, escalating the requests as required and ensuring their follow-up.
- Participate in advanced support projects together with the Company’s experts.
- Contribute to the development of software that improve internal Company processes.
- Helping identifying training needs and areas of improvement.
- Participate in initiatives to improve the efficiency and quality of the User Support Services.
- Contribute and participate in training sessions for the efficient and effective use of HPC, Data and Cloud systems.
- Help identify training needs and areas of improvement.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- University degree (Bachelor/Master) in computer science, computer engineering, information technology or a closely related field is requested.
- Proven working experience (2 years minimum) in user support, software development, system administration or DevOps role, preferably in a High Performance Computing or Cloud Computing environment.
- Good knowledge of Linux and/or Unix environments.
- Skilled in at least one scripting language (Bash, Perl, Python).
- Skilled in at least one general purpose programming language (C, C++, Fortran, Python).
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems analytically.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English is a must. Good control of French and/or German is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts and tools
- Depending on degree, experience in a technical help desk setup would be a plus.
- Experience in providing training to end-users.
You can expect:
- Join a unique organization in this field.
- Work on cutting edge and exciting technologies within a team of highly motivated and passionate colleagues.
- Own area of responsibility with room for creativity, with the possibility to grow within the role.
- Excellent working conditions and benefits, including training.
- Online / on-site interview including hands-on / technical assessment.
- Online / on-site HR interview.